I know that someday you'll find better things.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Public Enemy Number One


Secret service was swarming at Hannah’s school today. Well, not secret service, she clarified. 

Bodyguards. More than usual.

More than seemed necessary for one fellow in a wheelchair.

“Which reminds me,” she said, “today I gave an impromptu tour to somebody who’s running for governor. I don’t remember his name, but he’s The Something General.”

Now typically I don’t do politics. That’s my dad’s thing.
And I don’t do loud—that’s Russ’s forte.

But this news, oh, this was too much. I couldn’t contain my opinion OR my volume.

“NO WAY. NO FREAKING WAY. I’ll tell you his name. Then I’ll tell you TEN reasons why he will NEVER EVER have my vote. EVER!”

The special guest was none other than the attorney general. The one whose office so badly botched our child support case that after three years and tens of thousands of dollars, it still has not been resolved.

This totally explains all the bodyguards, though, because in a state where 913,551* custodial parents are counting on him and his team of 2,775* people to uphold the legal system and enforce the responsibilities of non-custodial parents so that we CPs can clothe and feed our children… well, that’s a tremendous amount of animosity pointed directly at him.

In fact, I’m sort of surprised he chose to tour a school at all.



***** UPDATE:

"Did you receive the pictures I emailed to you of you with the Attorney General?" asked Hannah's art teacher.
"I did, thank you," she replied.
"Were your parents shocked?"
"I can honestly say they were."
"Were they amazed?"
"Quite."
"Surprised?"
"That doesn't even begin to describe it."

Ah, that Hannah. Truthful yet tactful, always.

*Russ found these statistics for me, but they are from 2005. Since eight years have passed, I think we should double these numbers, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment