I know that someday you'll find better things.

Friday, April 5, 2013

A, B, C, and D

Accepting
Blogger's
Challenge

Dang you, Heidi!

When my lovely, amazing, and talented friend Heidi suggested that I participate in a (the?) Blogger's Challenge with her this month, I was eager to join.

Heidi is very cool, and if this is what cool people are up to nowadays, I wanted to be a part of it.

I'm probably not the ideal candidate for this type of activity. My commitment to things like these (aw, fine, most things!) can be spotty, and my follow-through on tasks is iffy at best.

But my zest for starting new challenges is reliably enthusiastic, so I readily agreed.

Will I finish writing an entry for every letter of the alphabet over the next however-many days? Probably not, but you can still find ways to make reading these entries enjoyable. You could place bets on how many consecutive days I'll manage to write, if gambling is legal in your state. You could place wagers on what letter I'll leave off with when I abandon the challenge. There are any number of ways that you could derive pleasure from what will most likely result in failure.

Does this really count as four entries?
Heck if I know.

You see, Heidi presented this challenge idea on the fourth day of April, and presumably the fourth day of her own progress. How can you buddy-up with someone if you're forever trailing her? I didn't want to drag her down. She's my friend. And she's cool!

My participation was contingent on a letter E starting point for the following day. I'm pretty sure she didn't mind.

You know who did mind? My inner-obsessor.
My inner obsessor is very precise. Skipping A-D was akin to shirking responsibility, and if there's one thing I'm NOT, it's a responsibility shirker.

So, here we are.
A through D, check!

Onward and upward.




*Please note, no responsibilities were shirked in the making of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment