I know that someday you'll find better things.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Train Table

Hannah loathes the train table in the family room. She has mentioned--with increasing frequency--that perhaps it is time to trade it in for a more grownup coffee table.

“Nobody even really uses the train part anymore,” she reasons.

My counterattack is two-fold: first, even if they don’t use the inside as much, everybody uses the surface every day for activities such as coloring, legos, paying bills, etc. Second of all, it is very handy for when company with younger children visit (which is almost never, but still.)

The truth of the matter is that I can’t part with the train table. To upgrade to a more grownup one is to acknowledge that our babies are no longer babies. I’m not emotionally ready for that. Maybe when Mia goes to college, I tell myself.
 
As you can plainly see, the surface is quite functional.
 
 
Shazam! The whole room is a little brighter and better when it is in train mode.
PS-- the thing on the end table is a Christmas Snake. Oh, there's a story there!
 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't be able to part with the train table either-I would want to keep it. Of course, in our house, Sebastian would still be playing with it every day :)

    ReplyDelete