I know that someday you'll find better things.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quality Time

Two of the MANY reasons why summer 'quality time with the family' is not all it's cracked up to be.


Hannah: Mia may need a nap. First she tried to cut her own hair, and then she threw the scissors at me.
Me: Good grief. Did you put her in her room for a time-out?
Hannah: She put herself in her room, actually.

Me: [calling up the stairs] Mia! Did you give yourself a time-out for those naughty choices?
Mia: Yes. I'm thinking about my choices... [lowers volume considerably] while I play with my toys...

***

Russ: Where do you think the loaner-dog will want to sleep?
Me: I don't know, but I'm going to close my door so he doesn't choose my room.
Russ: Why not?
Me:I have so much paperwork stacked everywhere, and the laundry-- it's a disaster.
Russ: Seriously? He's a dog. He's not going to judge you.
Me: Seriously? I don't want him snacking on my paperwork and getting fur on the laundry.




If you don't hear from me by this time next week, please forward all my mail to the insane asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment