I know that someday you'll find better things.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Same Difference

I always expected I'd look different when I grew up. Nothing specific, mind you. Just different.

If you've ever seen pictures of your parents and grandparents from their younger years, you'll know what I mean. They looked so beautiful as teens. Not that they're any less beautiful as adults, it's just that it has never been a quality you've noticed or cared about before. 

Because, well, they're relatives.

But it seems like some people get better looking as they mature, like many celebrities and Lightning Mike. (Need a reminder? Click here.)

And then there's me. Exactly the same as I was 17 years ago, except for the six-inch scar across my abdomen and the bottom teeth which started to shift when I stopped wearing my retainer at age 26.

Here I am at 17. I promise you, I could go outside and recline in front of the fence and have one of the kids take my picture, and it would look almost identical. I won't even waste your time.




Same, same, same.




Lightning THEN (high school senior)

Lightning NOW
See what I mean?

By the way, the gorgeous girl with Mike is the amazing Kate Lacey. She's been working really hard on a fascinating documentary that will be airing on HBO on August 5th. You can learn more about her film by visiting the Casting By facebook page. We are so proud of her tremendous effort, and we can't wait to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment