I know that someday you'll find better things.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Personal Dictionary

My phone has one, and maybe yours does, too. The phone adds and stores phrases that are frequently used by the owner to its basic dictionary.

In theory, this allows the phone to more efficiently auto-correct and auto-complete the user's messages.

In practice, it means a whole bunch of typos, gibberish, and peculiar phrases that eventually get automatically substituted at the least desirable times. I was mortified when I saw "playboy" listed, until I remembered Mia's recent independent google search for playdoh ideas-- a perfect example of auto-complete technology in action.

My personal dictionary paints an image of a neurotic hillbilly with a penchant for fine cheese.
What does yours say about you?

Here's an excerpt from the 'C' section. You can see the full list by clicking here.

Cadillac
Callanetics
Camelback
Camo
Carhartt
Caroling
Carousel
Carpooled
Cathartic
Caviar
Cetaphil
Cheerios
Chevre
Chevrolet
Chiquita
Christmafied
Christmassy
Chups
Cilantro
Clamcakes
Clinique
Clustermuck
Compacting
Composted
Congrats
Consign
Corvette
Coturnix

No comments:

Post a Comment